06 Jan Cambridge Summer Music Festival 14-29 July, 2017
We are delighted to announce that the 2017 Festival will be directed once more by Juliet Abrahamson. Juliet, who was Festival Director from 1994-2015, has agreed to replace Keith Murray, who was appointed Director last autumn but has reluctantly had to step down.
The 2017 Festival will take place between Friday July 14 and Saturday July 29 in some of Cambridge’s most historic and beautiful places, as well as venues further afield, including Ely Cathedral. Performers in 2017 will include:
- Gabrieli Roar with their partnership of musicians and British youth choirs
- The Aurora Orchestra with Beethoven’s ‘Eroica’ Symphony from memory
- Pianist Freddy Kempf with the Wiener Kammersymphonie
- The Festival Chorus under Stephen Cleobury in King’s College Chapel
- Award-winning choir Tenebrae directed by Nigel Short
The highly successful partnership with the University of Cambridge Botanic Garden will continue with the Sounds Green series on Wednesday evenings in July. About 7,000 people enjoyed music in these beautiful surroundings last year and we expect as many in 2017.
This is just a taster – the full programme of chamber, jazz, folk, orchestral and solo concerts will be unveiled shortly.